Today, nearly every brand and company is working in overdrive to deliver new types of digital products for a changing world. These companies require design tools that scale effortlessly across teams, departments, and geographies—not to mention tools that easily support product lines, sub-brands, as well as various types of devices and platforms.
It’s not an easy task. For teams to keep up, they need solutions that empower consistency and quality across every digital touchpoint, and eliminate high-friction handoffs between designers and developers.
At InVision, we’ve been focused on building Design Systems tooling and processes that enable teams to build faster, iterate more quickly, and deliver effortless brand consistency at scale. We’re excited to release our latest version of the InVision Design System Manager (DSM) today.
The updates we’re releasing get to the heart of some of our customers’ greatest needs. On top of providing teams an easy way to manage designed and coded components, top-notch version and privacy controls, enterprise security, and expert product coaching for enterprise customers, here’s what the new experience includes:
- A new way to import reusable design elements in bulk for easier onboarding, so design system makers can start building and scaling systems quickly.
- Support for native Sketch Libraries, empowering makers to create and manage Libraries in Sketch, then upload them directly to DSM via our new plugin.
- A one-click process for updating all libraries that are part of a design system release, eliminating the need to search for and replace out-of-date assets one by one.
- A more flexible documentation site for richer web editing and brand customization, which boosts alignment and productivity and serves as a centralized, trusted system of record.
- New integrations with Inspect and Storybook, so developers can identify existing coded components and build products faster with less rework.
Large, creative organizations such as Santander, IBM, Priceline, HostGator, Cox Communications, Bank of Montreal, and KPMG Digital Village are just a handful of the hundreds of enterprise customers that have already upgraded to the new InVision DSM and love it.
To quote one of our customers, “InVision DSM is the perfect home for an organization’s design system. It provides a space to create and maintain a shared visual language between designers and developers at scale,” says Jason Grotrian, Senior Director of Product Design at ViacomCBS.
The new Design System Manager is now available. We hope you’ll check it out and share your feedback with us so we can make it even better. You can learn more at www.invisionapp.com/dsm.
As Chief Product Officer of InVision, Eleanor Morgan brings 10+ years of building and leading design-driven organizations. Eleanor is an executive leader who specializes in the intersection of customer experience strategy, digital product, and design.